The Data Controller: Michael Taylor is the Data Controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquires about our products, services and when registering as a client or candidate. Our address is:
The Old Truman Brewery,91 Brick Lane, London, E1 6QL
What we collect:
Michael Taylor may collect your personal and sensitive personal data, including:
- General identification and contact information: your name, address, email, telephone details, gender, marital status, date of birth, nationality.
- Other sensitive information: racial or ethnic origin, disability, or criminal record.
- Information enabling us to provide recruitment services: location, whether or not you hold a driving licence.
- Publicly available information in relation to professional history: educational background, employment history, skills and experience, professional licenses and affiliations, educational and professional qualifications.
What we use your information for:
We will use the data you have supplied to help you obtain the best service for you.
We also require this information is to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our service to you
- To contact you via email, SMS, phone about vacancies that we believe you may be interested in.
- Maintain our business relationship, as a client or candidate
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we believe may be suitable for you
- To send your information to clients for potential jobs or to assess suitability for the role. We will obtain verbal/written consent before presenting your details to a client.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific roles or to our job alerts, which we believe may be of interest to you.
- Directly market products and services, and advise you of any updates to our services. Where we do so you will be able to unsubscribe at any time from receiving any further communications from us.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, specials or other information (which we think you may find interesting) using the email address which you have provided).
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal references checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills test. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality.
- The personal and sensitive personal information you provide us may be sent to clients and third parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will take reasonable steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
Michael Taylor processes some sensitive data with your consent. For example, when additional information is required such as data concerning health, religious or political opinions. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
Michael Taylor may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, including sending your CV, with your permission, to a client for a specific job application.
Michael Taylor also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. Our legitimate interests include:
- Ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Website operates effectively.
- Providing and supplying services to our clients and candidates.
- Protecting candidates, clients, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare.
- Sending communications on potential positions which are relevant and tailored to individual candidates.
- Handling candidate and client contacts, queries, complaints or disputes.
- Fulfilling our duties to our candidates, clients, colleagues and other stakeholders.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your data for as long as there is either a statutory requirement for us to do so or to be able to provide a service to you. This will usually require us to retain your personal data after any business relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes and to deal with any account support questions. If we have not had meaningful contact with you (or where appropriate the company you are working for or with), for a period of three years – your personal data will be deleted.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Your rights to your information
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may affect the services we are able to supply you.
Where Michael Taylor is the data controller you are entitled to the following subject to some legal exemptions: –
- Right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
For more information on your rights please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy please submit your request in writing to: –
The Old Truman Brewery,91 Brick Lane, London, E1 6QL